Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mud Pies

When I was a little girl I liked to play in the mud and make yummy mud creations with my friends.  I never ate those kinds of mud pies, but they sure were fun to make!  But those are not the kind of Mud Pies that this post is about. 
The ones I'm talking about are definitely yummy to eat, and super easy to make and are sometimes known as chocolate macaroons.  My mom made them several times a year while I was growing up, and I was the lucky one whose job it was to lick the pot after she was finished with it. 

 Now I make them with my daughter.  She helps me measure the ingredients, and start stirring them together until it starts getting hot. She tries to spoon it on the waxed paper, but she is the kind of kid who gets frustrated easily and  looses her patience quickly, so she usually lets me do most of them.  But she sure does love the licking the pot and spoons job at the end! :)

Give them a try, you'll love how easy these yummy treats are!

Here is the recipe card I made,  if you would like to save it make sure you click the picture to open it larger before you save it. Then you could print it like you would any 4x6 photo and it's a nice little recipe card.
I found the idea for these recipe cards at Controlling my Chaos, check it out, she's got a great blog with many creative awesome ideas! She has tons of recipe cards available for free on her site. She makes her recipe cards in 5x7 size. I have chosen to make mine in 4x6 size to fit in my recipe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment