Friday, August 13, 2010

My Little Nursling

Ryan wants nothing to do with anything going into his cute little chubby belly if it is not mommy milk.

He also wants nothing to do with my milk unless it's straight from the mommy tap.

He will not take a bottle.
He will not take a sippy cup.

On a good day he'll eat a tiny bit of baby food at dinner with us, but he really doesn't care for it at all.
If I persist even though he's not interested I can usually get him to open up and try some, sometimes after the first bite he will keep opening up for a few more bites, but that is it. Then his little lips go on lock down.

That is on the odd good day.  Most days I end up with pureed baby food all over me.

He will be 8 months old in 3 more days.

I know it's not important that he eats baby food right now.
I know that my breast milk is all he needs nutrition wise.
I know he is getting enough milk from me because he's still gaining weight well.

But it would be really nice if I could leave him for a longer than 2 hours once in awhile without worrying about him getting hungry. 

What I really want is to go see Eclipse before it's not in the theater anymore.

I'm just so worried about leaving him for that long. 

I know he CAN go 3-3:30 hours between eating, but most of the time he wants to nurse every 2-2:30 hours. 

The movie is about 2 hours long and that doesn't count travel time to and from the theater, and getting tickets, and the previews.

The movie wont be in the theaters much longer... it went from being in every theater in our city, to only showing in 2 theaters.

 I know if I'm going to see it, it better be soon. I just need to find a way to do it, or give up, and come to terms with not seeing it in theater, which would make me very sad.

Look how cute that little face is, how can I leave him and risk him being hungry?!

What is a Twilight obsessed mom to a booby boy to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment